Local Giving Tree
For the health and safety of parishioners, this year’s Local Giving Tree has been moved online. In lieu of our traditional cards on trees, we are using this web page to collect gifts for our neighbors in Hartford. To reserve one or more gifts from the list below, please click the appropriate Sign up » link and provide your name and contact information on the form displayed.
NOTE: Before committing to reserve a gift, be sure to write down the Gift ID and Name! This information appears ONLY in the table below and cannot be provided after registering.
Local Giving Tree Instructions
Please read carefully, returning the gifts will be different this year.
- If ordering the gift online, please order early.
- When gifting clothes or shoes, request a gift receipt to enclose with the gift before wrapping.
- After wrapping the gift, clearly write the recipient’s name and the Gift ID (ex. HOB-ESOL #15) on a tag and affix to the gift.
- All gifts must be returned no later than Saturday, December 12 at 5:00 pm.
- Gifts cannot be left in the Church, in the office or at the sandwich door. There will be members of the Giving Tree subcommittee at the front door of the Franciscan Center to accept your gifts on the following dates and times:
- Saturday, Dec 5 – 2:00 to 5:00 pm
- Sunday, Dec 6 – 11:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Monday to Friday, Dec 7 through Dec 11 – 8:00 to 9:30 am
- Saturday, Dec 12 – 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
If you cannot deliver your gift at any of these times, please call Fran D’Amico at 203-715-6313 to make arrangements. All gifts must be received no later than 5:00 pm on Saturday, Dec 12.
We appreciate your help. This is new to all of us, but working together, we can
keep the Local Giving Tree tradition going and help put some joy in the lives of our Hartford neighbors.
The Committee for Social Justice and the Giving Tree Sub-committee wish all of you The Peace of the Christmas Season.